Upcoming PS4 EU Owners Can Download FW 1.51 and Install via USB
There is some good news for those of you, Upcoming PS4 EU Owners Can Download FW 1.51 and Install via USB.
As with 1.50 for the PlayStaiton 4 release for the NA, People who are eagerly expecting to buy a PS4 in the coming days in EU can beat the rush by downloading the latest firmware update (FW 1.51) from the PlayStation stie, plant it on a USB and follow a few simple steps to be ready to log on to the PlayStatino Network sooner than others and beat the Network congestion that occured with the NA.
Much like 1.50, downloading and installing the update is simple and straight forward, even the most novice of users will have little to no difficulty making a bootable USB for the PS4 and installing it manually.
Once the file (PS4UPDATE.PUP) is done, insert a USB and make sure it is FAT32, open the root of the USB drive and make the following folders, each name is case sensitive.
The above is a visual representation and the below is verbal.
PS4 —> UPDATE —> <Place PS4UPDATE.PUP here>
Once PS4UPDATE.PUP is in the UPDATE folder, proceed to your PS4 and
1. Make sure the system is off and keep the power button pressed for about 7 seconds. (The system should beep a second time shortly after the sixth / seventh second)
2. Insert the USB device and choose [Update System Software] from the options.
3) Turn off the power of your PS4 system completely. Check that the power indicator is not lit. If the power indicator is lit orange, touch the power button on the PS4 system for at least seven seconds (until the system beeps a second time).
4) Connect the USB storage device that the update file is saved on to your PS4 system, and then touch the power button for at least seven seconds. The PS4 system starts in safe mode.
5) Select [Update System Software]. Follow the screens to complete the installation.
If your PS4 system does not recognise the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.